2002 Dodge Caravan Error codes P0700 and P1793

JENNIFER917
  • 2002 DODGE CARAVAN
  • AWD
I have a 2002 Dodge caravan sport, runs great, except It just started stalling when I reverse and when I come to a stop, some one told me I just might need a tune up which I just got done and its still doing the same thing, so I took it to autozone and the codes I got were p0700 and p1793 they couldnt tell me what was wrong and I cant afford to take it to a dealership! Any advice? Everything else is good with my car and no check engine light is on.
Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 1:28 PM

BMRFIXIT
DTC P1793 will set when TCM sends multiple TRD messages to PCM, and TCM does not receive a response from PCM. DTC also sets when less than.5 volts are present at transmission control relay output (switched battery) terminals at TCM, when TCM is energizing relay. Maximum throttle angle used by TCM will be 54 degrees. Customer may complain about loss of performance or short shifting when driving aggressively.
Possible Cause
Low battery voltage.
Open torque management request circuit.
Torque management request circuit shorted to ground.
Torque management request circuit shorted to voltage.

DTC P0700: EATX CONTROLLER DTC PRESENT
Monitored & Set Conditions
Electronic Automatic Transaxle (EATX) controller is monitored for DTCs when ignition is on and engine is running. EATX controller may also be referred to as Transmission Control Module (TCM). DTC will set in Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory if any DTC is set in the TCM memory. Possible cause for DTC to set is: TCM DTC is present in PCM.
Testing
Turn ignition on. Using scan tool, read DTCs. If DTC P0700: EATX CONTROLLER DTC PRESENT is set, this DTC indicates a transmission DTC has previously been set. A DTC may not currently be present in TCM if a transmission repair was performed. If after reading transmission DTCs there are no DTCs in TCM, this DTC may be erased from PCM. If a TCM DTC is present
Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 9:28 PM
JENNIFER917
Do I need to replace my battery? That info you gave me sounds just right i"m just not sure where to go from here.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 8:13 AM
BMRFIXIT
Check fuses and relays
its an electrical issue wiring and should have it check
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 9:18 PM