1997 Dodge Caravan Reply

RACHAELHEN
  • 1997 DODGE CARAVAN
  • AWD
Thanks for the reply! How would I go about repairing the Transmission Solenoid Pack?
Also I did take it in and have it scanned for codes and what it says as the problem is a bad ground or loose connection for reason as far as speedometer.
My codes says Pcm not receiving messages from the TCM. PCM not receiving codes from VSS. So it would specify if it was my instrument cluster then if that were the problem? Auto shop is where I had gotten the idea as far as the instrument cluster to begin with. They told me that maybe there was a short and then it eventually just blew it out on the instrument cluster. Anyway as far as the codes to me basically is telling me that my main computer is not receiving messages from my transmission control module and the vehicle speed sensor. They also said that maybe the pcm is bad and sending faulty codes but my codes seem to match as far as what is going wrong. I will try the transmission solenioid pack as you suggested hopefully that will at least help with the shifting issue. Really expensive driving this way sucks the gas like crazy and with these gas prices cant afford that.
Again thanks for the quick response it is much appreciated!
Rachael
Monday, June 23rd, 2008 AT 4:09 AM

BMRFIXIT
Hi Rachael
did you get the codes #
if you have them just post them so I can see what is the issue
as for the solenoid pack replacement its not that big of job
you can try the out put AND INPUT SENSOR 1ST
replay here so Can keep what is happening

Have an automotive repair question!
Sign up and ask your automotive question !
http://www.2carpros.com/affiliate/uid/bmrfixit_1_tlid_1
Monday, June 23rd, 2008 AT 6:25 AM