SERPANTINE BELT

1995 Dodge Caravan

dougiee

December, 5, 2006 AT 9:32 AM

1995 dodge caravan 131,000 miles. My serpantine belt slipped of due to the fact that I hit a pile of snow.I need a diagrahm of the pully system so I can put the belt back on. Thank you!

Wiring Issue?

bootdog

December, 5, 2006 AT 6:17 PM

Look under the hood to see if there is a data sticker that will give u a diagram of the belt routing. Also make sure the tensioner pulley is not cocked at an angle to make the belt jump off again. If it is change the tensioner too : wink:

dougiee

December, 5, 2006 AT 10:22 PM

Thanks. No diagrahm. But I figured it out. Got it all together and running. Now the powersteering pump is going.I hit a pile of snow, which forced the splash guard to knock the belt off. Found powersteering fluid when I was fixing belt. Didn't start making the whinning sound till later on in the day. Thanks for the help.

Ps if the pump goes. Is it still safe to drive? Will I ruin anything by driving it? I'll have to drive it 20+ miles to get to my mechanic.

Did I mention I replaced the pump about 10 months ago. Cars suck!

Thanks for your help!

bootdog

December, 7, 2006 AT 8:13 PM

If u drive with a bad pump it'll be hard to steer the vehicle, depending on the symptoms of the pump. I would make sure the the power steering reservoir is full of ps fluid before driving to the shop. Hope this helps : wink:

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota