1993 Dodge Caravan 93 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6 wont run

MALACI
  • 1993 DODGE CARAVAN
1993 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

We where on a trip and on the way back my van just cut off in mid turn. Temp was fine, Checked the fuses, battery, alternator, starter, fuel pump (all fine), changed the Coil Pack, crankshaft sensor, and checked all of the plugs to ensure they had power. The coil pack is not getting power, comming from the plug at the bottom of the part, none of the plugs that go to the trans have power. The Crankshaft sensor is getting power, but did not solve the problem. The van turns over but will not start. Any suggestions?
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 10:51 AM

Welcome to the forum, did you check for codes? The dark green wire with orange tracer at the coil and injectors, should be hot with engine cranking? That voltage comes from the asd relay, that doesn't the relay is faulty. If the computer doesn't see the proper crank and cam signal, it may not ground the relay?
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 11:19 AM
MALACI
Thank you, as far as codes go, I did the "on, off, on, off, on" but got no engine light comes on at all. Checked the wires and still no fire to anything other than fuel pump, crankshaft sensor, and all my lights (interior and exterior). Could it be the Camshaft Sensor or Ignition Module? Or like you said, a faulty relay?
+1
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 11:39 AM
If that wire I mentioned isn't hot, cranking, then I'd have to check voltage and ground at the asd relay. If the computer isn't grounding the relay, it may be because it doesn't see the crank or cam signal?
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 11:58 AM
MALACI
Ok, the asd relay is what gives power to the coil. If the cam sensor is bad then it wont crank, if the relay is bad it wont crank. Im going to print the wireing schematic in a few mins so I can find the asd relay and cam sensor. So do I start with the cam sensor or the asd relay?
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 12:11 PM
Hi, cranking is starter action. It's cranks good but won't run? You can check circuits at the relay and or cam sensor. If the cam sensor connector has three wires, it should be ref voltage--ground-- signal. If the cam sensor is bad, it will crank but won't run. If the cam signal is lost going down the road, it shouldn't kill the vehicle.
Saturday, October 24th, 2009 AT 12:25 PM