2007 Dodge Caliber Fuse Box

BUTTERFLYGRL17250
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber and I recently took it to the shop because I had a headlight out and the headlight was not blown. They told me that I had a circuit blown in my fuse box that controlles the low beam to my headlight and they would have to replace the whole box and they could not just fix the circuit that had blown. They informed me that the part would be $745. Is it true that they cannot fix the circuit or am I just getting ripped off?
Saturday, September 11th, 2010 AT 2:41 PM

ERNEST CLARK
It can definitely be fixed, but most shops won't have the expertise to do that.

You can hunt one down, though it may take a little time.
Monday, September 20th, 2010 AT 5:14 AM
BUTTERFLYGRL17250
Thanks so much. I will definantly check around to see if I can get a better deal.
Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 AT 6:55 PM
NELSON_VA
This is interesting because I have the exact same problem. My passenger low beam doesn't light.
I didn't take it to the shop, but I traced the circuit all the way to the fuse box. I removed the entire fuse block from the car and disassembled it to the circuit board, then traced the connector to an integrated circuit chip. It's apparent that the chip that controls it is defective.

I'm going to search the internet and see if this is becoming an issue on these vehicles, which should also include the Jeep Compass and maybe the Patriot.

I work for BBB and will also search our records. Don't give up yet!
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 AT 11:54 AM
LBADGLEY
Please let me know what you find out. My car has 77k miles and the passenger side headlight went out 2 months ago. Found out today the totally intergrated power modual needs to be replaced (quoted $795). I read the thread about the guy who bought a used one from a junk yard and had issues (ended up putting the original back in).

Question I have is-are there mechanics that can fix the path the this modual (reprogram it) or is it something that when it goes out, it needs to be replaced similar to a hard drive in a computer?
Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 5:08 PM