Releasing the inner joint from the transmission can be tough.
1. Use a pry bar not to damage the joint.
2. If you pull the driveshaft by excessive force, the components inside the pint kit can be displaced which might cause the boot to be torn and the bearing to be damaged.
3. Plug the transaxle case opening with an oil seal cap in order to avoid contamination.
4. Support the driveshaft properly.
5. Replace the retainer ring each time the driveshaft is removed from the transaxle case.
6. While loosening the driveshaft nut, do not allow vehicle weight to be concentrated on the wheel bearing. If the vehicle moves, hold the wheel bearing using the special tool (0951721500).
You may have to put some pressure on it to get it to release.
Saturday, November 7th, 2020 AT 5:28 AM