Code P1382 CMP Sensor A NO SIGNAL

MIKEDAGUIO
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORD
Car won't go past 3000 RPM is this the camshaft sensor?

I love this site
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 AT 8:50 PM

KEN
This problem has to do with the distributor and the sensor inside which is inside. What happens is the bearing goes bad due to lack of oiling and it takes out the sensor. We can see evidence of this when you remove the cap and see rust colored dust. Its best to get a rebuilt unit from Amazon and install it.

Here is the part for $90.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071179RKT/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=2carprcom-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B071179RKT&linkId=e23dac183f1b0980b472d41880418956

Here are some guides below that will help you change it out.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 AT 5:07 PM
MRDONEGONE
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 71,000 miles

Intermittent problem. Runs fine for awhile and then starts misfiring at 3K rpm. Registers code P1382, cyl misfire. Clear code and let sit a day or two and it runs fine for 30 minutes to an hour. Changed cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires. Runs fine as long as the enine runs below 3k rpm.
+1
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 AT 5:08 PM (Merged)
P1382 relates to the cylinder position sensor-

The cylinder position sensor is part of the distributor and there is a 8-pin connector that the distributor plugs into. You need to unplug that and test the resistance on two of the wires that go to the cylinder sensor. The wire colors are orange and white. If the resistance is not within 350-700 ohms then either one of those wires is bad, or the sensor itself is bad/wiring/PCM.
+6
PJON
Mrdonegone,

I have the same exact problem with my 2000 accord, and I was wondering if you had found a solution to your problem yet.

If so, could you explain to me how you fixed it.

Pjon
+1
ABBASCHILD2
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORDHONDA ACCORD
4 cyl, mileage 150k. Already chg'd plugs, wires, rotor, cap. Tried replacing distributor. Didn't help. What u thinki should try next? Thanks for your help.

Susan
BRUCE HUNT
Your code refers to an Acura vehicle but I would take it from the stalling and the code that it is possible that the crankshaft position sensor is failing. I suggest that you clear the codes and drive. When the light comes on again pull the code. Let us know what you find.
ABBASCHILD2
The same code is still there after clearing and driving. I know how to use an ohm meter. Can you tell me how to remove the timing belt cover to access the crankshaft position sensors? The manual I have isn't very helpful on that. Thanks!
BRUCE HUNT
After you take off the external belts, you need to take off the harmonic balancer (the main pulley on the crankshaft). Can be a fun job removing that thing. Once that is off the rest is pretty straight forward.
MJB728
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORDHONDA ACCORDHONDA ACCORD
I have a 1996 Honda Accord that has almost 109,000 miles on it. The check engine light has come on and autozone ran a diagnostic for me. The error code os P1382, Cylinder Position Sensor No Signal. I was curious if this was an easy fix, a major problem and maybe even what it would cost to repair. Basically, what does this mean since the print out that they gave me said 1 an electical problem; 2 mechanical condition; or 3 failed CYP. Thanks.
BRUCE HUNT
The CYP is located in the distributor. Chances are you would have to buy a whole new distributor. Junkyards might have one for you at a good price. Can be all three of those but I would suspect the Cylinder position sensor.
-1
JODELL8964
My 2002 Honda Accord has about 125,000 kms and has a 2.3L engine. It just recently came up with a CYP sensor error. My questions are: How critical is this error? Can I continue to drive the vehicle until I can get it into the garage? What are the risks of operating the vehicle until I can get it into the Garage?
RJANER
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

In August 2008 with 136,918 miles, my 1996 2.2L VTECH accord's check engine light (CEL) came on along with major stalling. Made it to AutoZone, and they read the code as P1382. I purchased a remanufactured distributor and had a mechanic replace the distributor. About 500 miles AFTER the distributor was replaced, the CEL came back on. Took it back to AutoZone, and they read the code again as P1382. The car was running normal with no stalling. I did resistance and grounding checks at the distributor's connector, and all were within spec. I reset the light by removing / replacing the 7.5 Amp radio backup fuse. (Note: the mechanic said the reman distributor was bad and I needed to replace the distributor (again).)
In December 2008 at 139,500 miles, the CEL came on AGAIN (note that I drove the car 2,000 miles with the CEL off). I again reset the CEL by removing / replacing the 7.5 Amp radio backup fuse, but the CEL keeps coming on sometimes after a mile and sometimes after 15 or so miles. The code still reads P1382 when the CEL is on. The car does not stall at all and seems to run fine. However, the CEL coming on and P1382 code is very annoying, and I don't know what to do. Not sure if replacing the distributor as the mechanic said will solve the problem especially when the wiring looks fine and resistance and grounding checks were within spec. Thanks for any input / insight to this issue.
KHLOW2008
Hi rjaner,

I have here the diagnostic procedures for the problem.

DTCS P1381 & P1382 - CYLINDER POSITION - (CYP) SENSOR
NOTE: DTC P1381 indicates intermittent interruption in CYP sensor circuit. DTC P1382 indicates no signal in CYP sensor circuit.

1. Perform PCM reset procedure. Start engine. If DTCs P1381 and/or P1382 are not present, system is okay at this time. Failure is intermittent. Check for poor connections or loose wires between CYP connector and PCM connectors. If DTCs P1381 and/or P1382 are present, turn ignition off. Disconnect distributor connector.

2. On Accord (F22B1 engine), measure resistance between sensor terminals No. 4 (CYPP) and No. 5 (CYPM). See Fig. 12 . On Accord (F22B2 engine) and Prelude, measure resistance between sensor terminals No. 2 (CYPP) and No. 4 (CYPM). See Fig. 13 . On Accord, resistance should be 800-1500 ohms. On Prelude, resistance should be 500-1000 ohms.

3. If resistance is not as specified, replace distributor. If resistance is as specified, check for continuity between ground and CYP sensor terminals No. 2 and 4 (Accord F22B1) or terminals No. 4 and 5 (Accord F22B2 and Prelude) individually. See Fig. 12 or Fig. 13 . If continuity exists, replace distributor.

4. If continuity exists, reconnect distributor connector. Disconnect PCM connector "C". See Fig. 4 . Measure resistance between PCM connector terminals C4 and C14 If resistance is not 800-1500 ohms, repair open in appropriate wire(s). See WIRING DIAGRAMS section.

5. If resistance is 800-1500 ohms, check for continuity between ground and PCM connector terminals C4. If continuity exists, repair short in appropriate wire(s). If continuity does not exist, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck. If symptom or problem goes away, replace original PCM.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CYPSensor96Accord04_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CYPSensor96Accord12_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CYPSensor96Accord13_1.jpg

+1
CARA MOORE
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
The car is not accelerating. When I try get it to accelerate it shuts off. When tested it is saying cylinder position sensor code P1382.
+1
1382 is a code for a four cylinder engine not a V6 are you sure you have a V6? If you do then reset PCM remove #13 fuse for ten seconds then see if check engine light comes on again. If it is a four cylinder then try some dielectric grease at distributor connection. Disconnect it then put grease on connectors then reassemble.