Welcome to 2carpros. Com
Here are the directions specific to your vehicle for bleeding the system. Try this and let me know if it helps.
1988 Chevy Truck C 1500 Truck 2WD V8-350 5.7L
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Clutch Service and Repair Procedures System Bleeding
Note: When refilling or bleeding system, use on new brake fluid conforming to DOT 3 or DOT 4 specifications.
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove slave cylinder retaining nuts, then the slave cylinder.
3. While holding Slave cylinder at approximately 45 degrees with bleeder at highest point, have an assistant depress clutch pedal while opening bleeder valve.
4. With clutch pedal held at end of stroke, close bleeder valve and release clutch pedal.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all air has been expelled from system. While bleeding clutch system, constantly check master cylinder reservoir fluid level and replenish as necessary to prevent master cylinder running out of fluid.
Let me know if it is helpful.
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 AT 7:56 PM