FRONT BRAKE PAD REPLACEMENT

2008 Chrysler Town and Country

chiefexec

December, 6, 2009 AT 10:50 AM

2008 Chrysler Town and Country 25000 miles

I am trying to replace the front brake pads on 2008 Town and Country. I have wheel off and I am unable to loosen the 13/16" bolts that hold the brake caliper in place. I have socket and have applied liquid wrench and beat the socket with a hammer, but no luck.

How do I get these bolts off? And are these the only two bolts that I need to remove?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 22, 2009 AT 8:48 AM

They are the only 2 holding it on. Make sure you are turning them counter clockwise to loosten them.

Let me know if you get them or continue to have problems.

chiefexec

December, 23, 2009 AT 9:02 PM

I got it loose later that day that I posted the question. I had to get a long pipe to put over socket handle to provide more leverage and the bolts came off.

I still don't understand why brakes wore out at only 20000 miles. Now front tires are worn out too.

caradiodoc

December, 24, 2009 AT 1:19 AM

The 21mm bolts hold the caliper mount to the steering knuckle. Removing them is the hard way to replace the pads. The calipers are held on with 10mm hex head, or torx head bolts inside hard rubber sleeves.

Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement