INSTRUMENT CLUSTER OR SOME O

2006 Chrysler Town and Country

zo2765

September, 8, 2010 AT 10:18 PM

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85,000 miles

I just purchased a used vehicle from a Toyota Dealership and 25 days later, the vehicle has an electrical problem.

The Premium instrument cluster with Tach begins to flicker slowly then rather fast in the odometer number reading and transmission range indicator displays which is illuminated. It is followed by the gas, speed odometer, tach, rpm and temperature needle pointers all start malfunctioning up and down uncontrollably causing a warning beep to sound with Brake and ABS warning lights blinking on/off non-stop for about 3-7 minutes then returns to normal operation and starts again. Now the problem is getting worst because its causing the radio/built-in Navigation systems/ AC/ to trip off/on and when I operate the power window switch/or turn signals the interior dome lights flicker as well. Would the instrument cluster be defective or is this some other electrical problem? The van runs well but for three days this electrical problem has started.

merlin2021

September, 16, 2010 AT 2:05 PM

What does the dealer you bought it from say, will they fix it? This van needs to be scanned for B and U codes, or you will be just guessing, have the dealer at least scan it for these codes.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon