SUNROFF STICKING ON A

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

jimbof

July, 27, 2007 AT 3:18 PM

I have a 2002 PT Cruiser 2.4L engine with 94,500 miles on it. I am having trouble with the sunroof. When I open it, it will go 1/2 way and stop. Same with closing it, it will go 1/2 way and stop. In order to get it opened or closed, I need to press the button numerous times.

I have replaced the 20 amp fuse that controls this and the radio and it didn't help. Also, this past winter, on occassion, the display on the radio would go out yet the radio still played. After a while, it would come back on. It hasn't gone out in quite some time.

Where do I check next? Is is the switch or motor or do I need to clean and lube the tracks (which I have done a little bit).

Thanks,
Jim

merlin2021

August, 14, 2007 AT 4:04 PM

Does it sound like it's jambing or no power Jim?

jimbof

August, 23, 2007 AT 11:00 AM

Hi Merlin2021,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for it taking so long to get back to you.

That's a good question and I'm not sure how to answer yet here I go.

I think it may be a power issue. Possibly a " dead spot" in the relay? Sometimes it will open and close without stopping/sticking. Other times, it will go about 1/2 way (either direction) and stop/stick. To get it open or closed, I have to keep pushing the button in order to get it to move.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jim

Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma