LEBARON

1984 Chrysler

trackerdan

April, 28, 2007 AT 12:54 AM

Hello, I have just inherited a 1984 Chrysler LeBaron. The car had been sitting 7 years. It has 70,000 original miles on it. It has the Mitshibishi 2.6 4 cylinder engine in it. Surprisingly the car fired right up, after I put about 3 gallons of gas into it, and I was able to drive it the few blocks home. The engine idles down so low that it will die out if left to idle after it warms up. All fluid levels are up to snuff. This car has the talking voice option. One thing it keeps saying is the oil is low even though it does not appear so on the dipstick. The engine runs smooth and quiet all things considered. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed to check this car out and get it up to snuff for a road test and vehicle smog inspection?

Thank you for your time,

Dan

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Jack42

April, 29, 2007 AT 8:25 AM

The low oil sender is probably sticky from sitting for so long. It is in the oil pan. Carb or fuel injection? If carb im sure running a full tank of gas through it would help, they get gummed up from sitting with fuel in them. Once running good adjustments on the carb can be made

trackerdan

April, 29, 2007 AT 10:23 AM

It is a carb. It has a lot of vacumn hoses

Thanks for your reply,

Dan