T & C WAGON

1966 Chrysler

amberfree

WHY DOES MY CAR WANT TO START IN PARK AND NEUTRAL ON ITS OWN? I REPLACED THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH, WHICH DIDNT HELP. ALSO THE BATTERY WON" T KEEP A CHARGE. EVEN AFTER I REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR, BATTERY, VOLTAGE REGULATOR AND STARTER RELAY. PLEASE HELP. I LOVE THIS CAR AND REALLY NEED IT TO RUN PROPERLY. THANK YOU SO MUCH. AMBER KING

Service Writer

1966?

amberfree

I HAVE A 1966 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY STATION WAGON. IT ORIGINALLY HAD A 383 IN IT BUT SOMETIME IN ITS PAST IT WAS TAKEN OUT AND A 318 WAS PUT IN.
THE PROBLEM IS. WHEN YOU PUT THE CAR IN PARK OR NEUTRAL THE STARTER ENGAGES AND THE CAR TRIES TO START! AS LONG AS YOU SWITCH TO DRIVE OR REVERSE IT RUNS LIKE PRO ! IF YOU PUT IT IN PARK OR NEUTRAL THE STARTER ENGAGES WHETHER ITS RUNNING OR NOT!
ALSO THE BATTERY WONT CHARGE. AFTER A FEW DAYS IT GOES DEAD.
I HAVE REPLACED THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH, THE STARTER RELAY, THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR, ALTERNATOR, IGNITION SWITCH AND BATTERY! THE BATTERY, RELAY, REGULATOR AND ALTERNATOR IVE REPLACED 3 TIMES! THIS RIDE IS A CHAMP PLEASE HELP ME FIX IT! THANX