TRANSMISSION PROBLEM1994 CHRYSLER LHS ...

1994 Chrysler LHS

RY8561

December, 12, 2009 AT 2:36 PM

1994 Chrysler LHS Automatic

We live in MN and when it gets cold out (around 10 degress or less) the car starts and will go in drive but when we put it in reverse it won't back up. If we let it warm up for 10 min. It goes in reverse just fine. Any ideas what may be causing this?

caradiodoc

December, 15, 2009 AT 12:27 AM

Not sure what the cause is, but this exact thing happened to my friend's '93 Caravan with 190,000 miles on the original transmission. You didn't list the mileage, but if it's relatively high, there could be a sticking valve in the solenoid pack or a seal leaking in one of the clutch packs. My friend added a can of something which solved the problem. The name " Sea Foam" comes to mind. I've heard of it but never used it. Ask the folks at the auto parts store for an additive that can be left in the transmission. There are cleaners that are meant to be drained out shortly after adding them as part of a fluid and filter change. That's not what you want to add.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma