COST TO REPLACE ENGINE

2001 Chrysler Concorde

Classicgem

February, 1, 2010 AT 12:30 PM

2001 Chrysler Concorde Front Wheel Drive 91,000 miles

I was just told that I have to replace the engine on my 2001 Chrysler Concorde. I was given a quote of $2800.00 for parts and labor. Is this a reasonable amount?

Docfixit

February, 1, 2010 AT 2:05 PM

For a used engine from salvage? Good price if not too many miles

cook2005

February, 8, 2010 AT 10:51 AM

Which engine? 2.7L, 3.2L, 3.5L?
They can be swapped but if you put another type of engine you have to change other electric and computer parts too!

2800$ must be a used engine! Why do you need to change you engine at 91000 miles?

2800$ for an engine that has good but not perfect condition and has 50-60K miles seems okay. If you get the 2.7L V6 go with the magnum edition. That is somewhat better.

Classicgem

February, 8, 2010 AT 2:43 PM

My engine is a 3.2. My oil light kept coming on indicating it was low on oil. I checked it over 3 times and the dip stick came back clean and dry. I put in 2 qts of oil and within 5-8 minutes, tons of smoke was coming from exhaust and engine knocking. Mechanic said it had TOO MUCH OIL in it and the gaskets were blown and I needed a new engine. Another one said it was the lifters and still need a new engine. And another mechanic said not to waste my time because the 3.2 engines are no better than the troublesome 2.7 engine. I only owe $2300 on the car, I am looking at repairs of $2800 and not sure if it is really worth repairing if I am going to continue to have this problem.

Starter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Air Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Air Filter Replacement Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Air Filter Replacement