I still have the idle problem, with error code P0507. Every time I clear the code, it comes back on within a few minutes.
The problem is getting worse. The engine is revving up and down at all driving speeds now. It never threatens to stall, just throttles up and down. It's very rhythmic. For example, at idle it goes from about 800 rpm to 2000 rpm and back again every one or two seconds. It's still driveable, but fuel economy is in the toilet.
Occasionally the problem disappears for a little while, then it's back and the same code gets set.
Here's what I've done so far:
1. Replaced busted vacuum hose
2. Replaced IAC with a used one
3. Took the truck to a professional shop for diagnosis -- they said replace the IAC with a new one.
4. Replaced IAC with a new one
5. Replaced the throttle position sensor
6. Replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor
7. Slammed the hood in frustration.
Anyone want to buy a Chevy S-10? It needs work, but I don't know what!
Any help would be appreciated -- I'm losing what hairs I have left.
Thanks in advance.
Thursday, April 5th, 2007 AT 3:03 PM