CHEVY CAVALIER Z24 CONVERTIBLE

1999 Chevrolet Truck

Jenn641

February, 27, 2006 AT 8:18 AM

I have a question.A while back my #1 and 2 settings on my heat/blower switch stopped working. Didn't bother me too much because it was summer, and since I have a convertible, I'd just put the top down. But, this winter my #3 setting died, leaving me with only the highest setting (#4) working. I asked a local repair shop, and they told me it was my blower switch and that it was booked as a 6-hr job at $80/hr. Now, I'm no mechanic, but they really didn't give me the time of day, let alone listen to my problem. My dad thinks that if he can get my dash off, he'd be able to replace whatever is wrong. But I do not know if it is actually the SWITCH or the RESISTOR. Can someone help!

jpam

February, 28, 2006 AT 1:34 AM

Its the switch. More commen for dodge products though. 6 hour job though. Thats nutts. Try salvage yard first if not its going to be dealer part.

Jenn641

February, 28, 2006 AT 8:00 AM

Thanks so much! That helps! I've been getting mixed answers, some say the switch, some say the resistor. The link to that diagram helps, though! Thanks again!

jpam

February, 28, 2006 AT 10:39 AM

Anytime. Goodluck

Jenn641

February, 28, 2006 AT 11:14 AM

Would you happen to know where I could go to get a diagram explaining how to remove the instrument panel trim and pad? I'm assuming that's the part of my dash that surrounds the radio and heat controls. My dad popped some of it off, but it had some resistance when he got towards the top, and he didn't want to crack it. Should it all just snap off?

jpam

February, 28, 2006 AT 1:51 PM

Most of the dash panels should be snap-on. With a few screws towards the bottom. If you got resistance trie to find whats causeing it. Just take ur time and he''ll get it. Thnks

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement