1996 Chevy Tahoe 2WD 5.7 ltr. 140,000 miles

GILBERT011
  • 1996 CHEVROLET TRUCK
My tahoe recently started to stall out while driving. Its acts like it wants to start up again but it does not turn over. I have to let it sit for a bit then it will start up again. I have only had one time where it would just not start at all and I got a "jump", then it started. I have checked all the fused in the interior fuse box and the exterior one in the engine bay. The truck will run fine for a while then it will act up like this, then it goes back to normal. I have read some posts from others with tahoes, and I am leaning towards the fuel pump in the tank. Is there any tricks to check if it is the fuel pump?
I have recently replaced the battery, I just replaced the spark plugs 4 days ago. It has had it's routine maintenance with the oild change and filters. Any help would be appreciated.
Friday, March 23rd, 2007 AT 12:54 PM

GILBERT011
Well if anyone is interested, I replaced the fuel pump on the tahoe, that was about 2 months ago. But now it is doing pretty much the same thing. The only difference is I can now hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key. I have checked the battery, cables, grounds.

Is there something else that I might need to check just to make sure. I am now thinking something electrical, or a solenoid is going bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Gilbert
Odessa, TX
Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 4:55 PM
RUDPRO
It might be the fuel pressure regulator. My brother has a '99 Tahoe. Last year he had problems where it wouldn't start once in a while and it stalled a few times. We checked everything possible and couldn't find anything wrong. This went on for 4-5 months. It hasn't happened again since last August, go figure. I would check the fuel system but these problems that happen occasionally are hard to figure out.
Friday, May 18th, 2007 AT 6:44 PM
GILBERT011
Well now my tahoe seems to be running fine. "Knock on wood"

Well if anyone is interested, about a two months ago it did the same thing again as I mentioned before, but this time my brakes also went out on my. It was a scarry feeling having no brakes. What ended up being was a vaccume valve on my master cylinder that goes from the master cylinder to the engine. It had a crack in it and every so often whe it would move from the truck turning or something it would catch a good amount of air and stall out the engine. I thought this was bogus at first but I started the truck with the old valve and I held it together to seal the crack. As soon as I released and let the crack open my engine started to stall out. I went to the part store picked one up for 2.50 plus tax and everything seems to be doing well. I still have not replaced the fuel pressure regulator, but it might not be a bad idea to do so since I have replaced just about everything related to the fuel system delivery. I wil keep posting if there are any symptoms.

Gilbert
Odessa, TX
Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 AT 10:42 AM