1995 CHEVY TRUCK CODE 32

• Jjmsmootie
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TRUCK

1995 Chevy Truck V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100, 00 miles

I have a chev 454 one ton pick up/code 32. I have replaced, Map sensor/air control device/New EGR valve /TPS/Temperature Sensor. EGR valve is Linear type. Code 32 still resets even when I unplug electric plug. Code is off when truck sits overnight as soon as I drive it code comes back on and truck will sometimes pop through engine. Sometimes truck will run ok for 8 to ten miles. Would appreciate any help Thanks James

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 7:09 PM

• Jjmsmootie

I'm Sorry, I just looked at the posting, and somehow the wrong year got on the post. It is a 1995 Chevy one ton pickup, 454. This truck has a service engine light and sets code 32. I have made a donation already, but if I can fix this problem, I will make an additional donation.

Many Thanks,
James

-2
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 AT 10:27 AM
  • Service Writer

The egr solenoid may only be staying open a short time and then close. Put vacuum to it and see. If you can manually apply vacuum and open the valve then either the solenoid is not working or not enough vacuum supply. MAke sure the hoses on it haven't been reversed.

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 AT 1:49 PM
  • Jjmsmootie

This truck has all electric egr valve no vacuum. Thanks james

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 AT 5:48 PM
  • Service Writer

Sorry.

When the egr valve was off, were the ports cleaned of the carbon and verified clear?

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 AT 7:16 PM
  • Jjmsmootie

I double checked ports today all clear I also replaced main computer.I still get code 32 after warm up.

Thursday, July 24th, 2008 AT 9:03 PM
  • Service Writer

I talked to another tech yesterday and brought yours up. He mentioned that had a couple similiar that ended up haveing to replace the EGR he had already replaced with a a/c Delco one. Sometimes OEM parts resolve it. Don't know why exactly. What brand did you use? Might be worth returning and re-purchasing.

One other thought, Check to make sure that the reluctor on the distributer shaft isn't cracked (sometimes tough to see). If it is, the reluctor will move on the shaft throwing your timing out,
which in turn changes the apply time of the EGR

Friday, July 25th, 2008 AT 5:28 AM
  • Jjmsmootie

I just have to make up my mind which to do first can't take back egr valve so I will have to have it tested. They are pretty expensive. There is small miss around 1500 RPMS smoothes out after that. If the EGR test OK then I'll go to distributer. Thanks I'll keep you posted

Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 4:47 PM
  • 2CarPros Ken

Please check the feed port to the EGR because that can clog causing the code.

Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 9:24 AM

Other OBD1 Code 32 Questions