BLAZER NO IDLE

1993 Chevrolet Truck

microeye1974

April, 3, 2007 AT 6:12 PM

I have a 1993 chevy s10 blazer, 4.3 liter v6. And it will not idle in gear. The idle surges low then back up again.I work at an automotive repair shop and this one has us baffled.I have tried all of the sensors; iac, tps oxy, temp, and every other one. Thought maybe the pick up coil in the distributor. Replaced the control module and tried a new ecm. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

Dies On Idle

April, 4, 2007 AT 10:26 PM

Have you check the ignition timing and EGR system? Nothing was mentioned on fuel pressure.

Spider Vortec or TB injection system

microeye1974

April, 5, 2007 AT 4:42 AM

Sorry. Timing and egr checked o.K. Spider vortec motor. Fuel pressure checked out o.K. Bad ground at dist? Pulled dist., Cleaned it up a bit, idles fine now, but shuts down when a.C. Is turned on with truck in gear. What now?

April, 5, 2007 AT 5:56 AM

An idle up solenoid is use to increase rpm when compressor engages to compensate for the load.

microeye1974

April, 6, 2007 AT 4:58 PM

An idle up solenoid is use to increase rpm when compressor engages to compensate for the load.[/Quote: 30ce6952b8]

Finally figured it out. It was the pick up coil in the distributor along with a bad battery. THANKS ALOT for all of your help.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang