2005 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER ABS LIGHT.

• neweller2003
  • 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer

2005 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

ABS and Brake light on on the dash. C0055 is the code. Warning lights are on all the time. Speedometer works fine. Swapped the 2 rear speed sensors from side to side. Read elsewhere that 4WD warning comes on instead. Ohmed out both speed sensors and 1.3K ohms. Could it be the ignition switch or the EBCM?

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 AT 12:18 PM

• hmac300

The code I got for that was steering wheel sensor. I've never heard of that. Lol try getting the $10 manual for 3 days on the site here. That will even point out where it si

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 5:00 PM
  • neweller2003

C0055=" Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction". Please review initial post for reasonable feedback.

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 5:20 PM
  • hmac300

As I don't have the ohm reading on what the sensors are supposed to be I don't kow if they are in range or not. If one or both are on the upper end of the ohms then it stil may be the cause. Or it can be a connection problem or short. Due to the wires on speed sensors being very small, one or possibly both could haved broken. Ireally don't think it could be the iginition switch or ECBM, but stranger things have happened. The reason I said to get eht 3 day manual was that there may be some tsb's-tech service bulletins that explain what to check and why. The machine I have is older so it came up with the code that I put in. It also could be the bearing that has the other part of the sensing unit attached to. Possibly cracked. If the Brake light is on, then check to make sureparking brake isn't on activating the brake light Also it could be the ABS unit itself causing all this, especially if your battery runs down as the motor may be sticking on. If all else fails take it to a pro as he should have items that are not available, like certain tsb's and extra tech help when there is aproblem. I hope this gives you a better idea but it's not alot.I know

Friday, April 16th, 2010 AT 8:11 AM