CHEVY TUNE UP?

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Mommy2acutie

September, 12, 2010 AT 11:01 AM

2004 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 82,000 miles

I purchased my trailblazer back in 2006 with 21,000 miles on it. Other than oil changes and tires I have never done anything else. The truck is starting to shift rough but I have been told they will no flush the transmission fluid or it will make the transmission too loose. What all should I have done to get it back up to date?

Timing/tuning Problem With A

Tuning

1 ANSWER

razerback

October, 15, 2010 AT 9:27 AM

Have them change the fluid and filter in the transmission, trans will get loose is a bunch of hooey.
Then have them fill rear axle with 90 weight oil, grease fittings should be 2 behind rear wheel, then comes a tune up, always change the air filter with the oil every 3000 miles if you dont have the owners manual then get a repair manual from the auto parts store it will give you a maintance schedule and if you do not work on the blazer it will help you with what needs to be done with that knowledge the mechanic cant rip you off with unnessary work.