CHEVY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

rkohl@wowway.com

August, 8, 2009 AT 9:52 AM

2002 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

I have this trailblazer and I keep getting a return code of p1345 and sometimes a p0014 now ive re placed the cam positioning sensor and the crankshaft sensor cam acuator solenoid the p1345 keeps coming back and I wondering if you herd this before.

please help this is driving me crazy ray

rkohl@wowway. Com

brian 1

August, 8, 2009 AT 12:26 PM

Has this vehicle ever had a cylinderhead replacement or cam phaser replacement? Because this code normally sets when an internal repair is done like any timing chain removal, the P1345 will keep setting if the timing chain was set a tooth off, if no internal repairs were done then replace the cam phaser actuator sprocket. Also remove and check the cam phaser actuator solenoid, the internal screens fall off and land in the bottom of the oil pan, this was a very common problem.

rkohl@wowway.com

August, 8, 2009 AT 1:03 PM

Are you talking about acuator it self or the chain sprocket behiind the acuator or are they one piece or change both let me know

thanks ray
rkohl@wowway. Com

brian 1

August, 8, 2009 AT 1:13 PM

Sorry, I'm talking about the cam phaser actuator, its on the side of the cylinderhead behind the power steering pump, check that first for missing screens, the sproket is inder the valve cover and runs the intake cam.I would check the phaser first, very common.

rkohl@wowway.com

August, 8, 2009 AT 2:34 PM

I just want get this straight in my first question I told you I replaced the the cam acuator solenoid and I believe thats what your talking about right there has been no internal work done and in this repair manual I have its showing the acuator attached to the sprocket on the side where you say the cam acuator solenoid is at right side by p/s pump there saying this acuator is on the exhaust cam is that right? Its possible that cam acuator solenoid is bad but if not then what are you talking about replacing that sprocket if I do that I might as well do the timing chain is that right or wrong

brian 1

August, 8, 2009 AT 3:47 PM

There is 2 actuators, first one is the cam phaser actuator sensor, which is the one on the cyl head behind the p/s pump, thats the one that goes bad all the time, the second actuator is the sprocket which is under the valve cover and attached to the front of the exhaust cam, they 2 sometimes go bad, to find out which one you need a scan tool to command the actuator on/off to see if its advancing and retarding the cam timing, thats what the actuator does. As far as the p0014 there is a software update for that code. As far as replacing the chain I would not, because I've done alot of these and there a total nightmare, I would be more concerned with the cam phaser actuator and possibly the circuit that controls it.