2005 CHEVY TAHOE TRACTION CONTROL

• Jenksy327
  • 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

Other Category problem
2005 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 30,000 miles

How do I turn off the traction control on my Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4X4?

Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 AT 12:52 PM

• Jack42

Push the button? According to my software there is a switch to disable the traction contol

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 8:15 AM
  • Jenksy327

I've looked and I can't seem to find the button to disable the traction control. Do you have any idea where the switch is located? Thank You very much for your time and effort relating to my question.

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 9:06 AM
  • Jack42

My software doesnt have any pics for the location. Is this an AWD or 4wd?

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 11:52 AM
  • Jenksy327

Actually, this vehicle has both. It has 4 pushbuttons concerning the drive. It has a button that says "4 ( with an arrow pointing down)", "4 (with an arrow pointing up)", "2 (with an arrow pointing up)" and a round button that says "AWD". Would it help if I sent you my VIN #. I'm not sure if that would tell you which version of Tahoe this is. The owner's manual is very generic and doesn't give any specifics other than what the buttons look like. I don't even know if this model can have it's traction control turned off. Again, thank you very much for all of the extra effort you're putting into this for me.

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 12:12 PM
  • Jack42

Since it is AWD I dont think it can be turned off or there would be a switch for it

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 AT 5:57 PM
  • Jenksy327

OK, that makes sense. Thank You for answering my question.

Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 7:09 AM
  • Jack42

Sorry it took so long to figure out

Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 7:39 AM
  • Jenksy327

That's no problem. I'm just happy that somebody was able to give me some information, I'm in East TN and it seems nobody around here was able to figure it out. It is a strange request, most people don't want to spin their tires, but since this is an automatic trans, spinning the tires is the only fun I can have while driving it. I'll probably end up buying a late 60's 4 speed muscle car of the Chevrolet variety just so I can get out and smoke the tires. Thanks again for all of your help, I will recommend your service to anyone who asks me.

Bill Jenkins

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/154290_My_New_Tahoe_1.jpg

Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 9:03 AM
  • Jack42

Glad to be of help. Enjoy fryin the tires

Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 5:14 PM
  • nativej

That only works as a temporary fix. We have the same problem and have to engage the disable button each and every time we turn the engine on. I as well as others would like this to only turn on and engage if and only when we press the traction control button, not the other way around.

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 AT 10:05 AM