CHEVY FRONT END NOISE

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

torian

February, 8, 2010 AT 9:36 AM

Noises problem
2002 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 10100 miles

I have been hearing a loud noise coming from my front end for about a week. It sounds like someone is hitting it with a hammer from underneath. I only notice it at slower speeds.

Jack42

February, 8, 2010 AT 10:56 AM

Have you got under it and looked for anything obviously falling off. Check the shocks and all components for slop, also if possible lift and support the front end so you can wiggle the tires to see if anything is loose. Those also had issues with the steering intermediate shaft making a tinny " loose shock" kind of sound over bumps

torian

February, 8, 2010 AT 12:08 PM

Ok I just drove it again and the sound is coming from the front drivers side. When I make a left turn it is horrible sounding. Could this be the bearing and or hub assembly?

Jack42

February, 8, 2010 AT 8:50 PM

Could very well be. Does the noise change when you turn? Now would be a good time to lift and support the front end and give the wheels a check to see if they feel loose, that would be a bad hub bearing

Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Replace Tie Rod End