2002 Chevy Tahoe front end noise

TORIAN
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have been hearing a loud noise coming from my front end for about a week. It sounds like someone is hitting it with a hammer from underneath. I only notice it at slower speeds.
Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 9:36 AM

JACK42
Have you got under it and looked for anything obviously falling off. Check the shocks and all components for slop, also if possible lift and support the front end so you can wiggle the tires to see if anything is loose. Those also had issues with the steering intermediate shaft making a tinny "loose shock" kind of sound over bumps
Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 10:56 AM
TORIAN
Ok I just drove it again and the sound is coming from the front drivers side. When I make a left turn it is horrible sounding. Could this be the bearing and or hub assembly?
Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 12:08 PM
JACK42
Could very well be. Does the noise change when you turn? Now would be a good time to lift and support the front end and give the wheels a check to see if they feel loose, that would be a bad hub bearing
Monday, February 8th, 2010 AT 8:50 PM
JASILCOX
My 2002 does the same thing and I have replaced everything but the steering box. All new front and even short shalfs for the 4X4. New tie-rods, sway bar links, hubs, shocks, bump stops, upper A arms, upper and lower ball joints, and a few other parts and it still clunks on the front end driver side as well.
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 AT 12:29 PM

Sponsored links