CHEVY HESITATION/STALLING WHEN DRIVING IN CIT

1990 Chevrolet Suburban

azazal78

May, 19, 2010 AT 1:37 PM

1990 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 218000 miles

I am having an issue with my 1990 suburban where when driving in the city or slower speeds I am getting hesitation/chugging and sometimes stalling. However when going on the highway there is no issue. There is no overheating and it isn't throwing any codes.

*update*

So I did the Below suggestion and it didn't really help much. It did seem to run better however still wants to stall when it is warm and driving stop and go. We also replaced the thermostat on it fearing it was over heating and didn't know it. Any other suggestions? Possibly a plugged fuel filter? A friend suggested it may be vapor lock. Though from everything I read with a fuel injected truck it wasn't an issue.

legitimate007

May, 19, 2010 AT 8:13 PM

I think you may have some air restrictions, specifically with the idle air control valve and throttle body and throttle plate being dirty with carbon I would first clean everything, IAC and throttle body, and see how it goes, you would be surprised. I have some info for you on how to do it.

legitimate007

May, 19, 2010 AT 8:13 PM

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma