Blower motor does not work

JOEGARVIN667
  • 1998 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Heater problem V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my truck first started were the blower motor world stop working at any speed then if you kinda kicked it and it would come right back on then it started only working on high and then it went were if you left it on high it would come on and off randomly so I just changed my blower motor hoping that would do it but now it will not come on at all I checked the fuse and they looked fine
Saturday, April 10th, 2010 AT 2:04 PM

Check and test the blower motor relay, blower motor resistor and blower switch
Saturday, April 10th, 2010 AT 3:26 PM
JOHN KIRKPATRICK
Its a grounding issue I ran a wire from the metal on the blower to a grounding point under the dash and it worked so try that
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 AT 11:12 PM
KEN
Hey,

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, May 20th, 2017 AT 7:47 PM
JHARRISUSMC
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My windshield wipers and my a/c- heater blower motor won't come on. Also when I have the cruise control on and hit the brakes the cruise won't automatically cut off. You have to turn it off on the switch. This all happened at the same time.
Saturday, May 20th, 2017 AT 7:48 PM (Merged)
The only thing in common that I saw for these issues was the ignition switch. Some of the fuses, go hot with the key on, I'd want to check for voltage at the fuse circuits. I'm not saying run out and get new ignition switch, do some testing, first.

Usually with multiple issues, I pick one issue and start hunting voltage and ground for that circuit, go from there. Fixing one issue may or may not fix the others, it just depends.
-1
DRYAN1
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Blower motor quit and it started gradually stopping and then is just stopped completely. I changed the motor, resistor, relay, checked the fuses. My wipers are intermittent, my abs light stays on, and the cruise quit. Is the problem with the ignition switch?
Check battery for condition including load test first and for clean terminal ends if that is ok then have it scanned for codes. It cold be ignition switch
RENEE
Here is a link to an article form this site that features written instructions, pictures and a video explaining how to load test your battery yourself. I have also included a link to another article form this site that features written instructions and pictures explaining how to scan for codes yourself, and a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning. Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one from Amazon.com.

Once you have the codes please get back to us so that we can further assist you. Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-battery
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing
https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k
LUCAS BARRETT
  • 1997 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado k1500 with a 5.7 V8 and this morning my heater would not turn on. I tried the fan control while if was on heat, A/C, and defrost and the fan would not turn on. The fan has been having issues for a while now, for instance, it would be on high and then all the sudden turn off on it's own, the speed right under high quit working all together a while back. I checked the fuses and they are fine, and the control **** seems fin as well, what is your opinion?
DERIC812
Sounds like you have to replace the blower motor. Cheap and easy! Passenger side, under glove compartment. Same thing happened to me.
CURASH
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Blows cold air out slowly
Its blowing air out -Check the thermostat, heater core, air blend door could be hanging up-investigate
BIGM35
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have replaced the blower motor and the blower resistor and still nothing when I turn the air on. I only hear a click (coming from the relay I'm guessing) when I try to turn the air on otherwise nothing at all happens. I also don't hear the click except for two fan speeds.
Saturday, May 20th, 2017 AT 7:49 PM (Merged)
The harness may be melted from switch to resistor see if it is or not it wil be easy to tell they are about $100 from gm parts direct. Com