1994 Chevy Silverado Brake lights

GMSID
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My brake lights went out. So I checked the fuse and it was good so I replaced anyway. No lights. Replaced brake light switch with new ac delco switch no lights. Of course I checked bulbs on both sides they are good. It just stopped working all of a sudden.I would think both circuit boards went bad at 5the same time. Any thoughts. Gmsid
Thursday, October 30th, 2008 AT 2:24 PM

DOCFIXIT
Does the high mount bk light work? If so problem could be with turn signal switch.
Thursday, October 30th, 2008 AT 2:32 PM
GMSID
Doc, had the whole turn signal, wiper, cruise control switch replaced at dealer awhile back and truck not driven much since however cruise control and turn signals work, and I know the bulb has been out on the third light for years because I have a camper shell on the truck and it covers it up but has one on the camper and it doesn't work either. Gmsid
Thursday, October 30th, 2008 AT 2:41 PM
DOCFIXIT
The way it's wired if the high mount relay is bad all brake lights out. In engine comp. Right side cowling.
Thursday, October 30th, 2008 AT 2:56 PM
VADER
If the engine compartment relay is working, power in and out, what would be the next item to check?
I have no High light or tailights yet the relay seems ok. Is the high light bulb by itself going to affect the tail lights, or if it burns out the high lite won't have any effect on the tail lights?
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 4:39 PM
VADER
Found the problem. Over crimped spade connector for the signal switch connection under dash caused the wire to fail, (break). 5 mins with a soldering gun and the wire was repaired and the spade re-inserted.
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 5:27 PM