2002 CHEVY S-10 TROUBLE CODE PO335

• sirgyo
  • 2002 Chevrolet S-10

2002 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 159000 miles

CHECK ENGINE ON PO335 TACH ON DASH GOES CRAZY 2500RPM TO 55OORPM I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED CRANK SENSOR. CANT GET TRUCK TO DO RELEARN. ALSO CHECKED TIMING CHAIN FOR SLACK, ITS OKAY. ALSO CHECKED WIRES GOOD GROUND, 10.9 V REF, AND GOOD SIGNAL WIRE.

Thursday, March 19th, 2009 AT 10:18 PM

• eugene123

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

to reset the computer unhook your negative terminal from the battery for 5 minutes. Let me know if this helps. If not I will follow up with further diagnostics.

Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 2:13 AM
  • trioinmyhead

Can this code also prompt a p0300 random misfire code?

Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 AT 1:28 AM
  • trioinmyhead

I have the same truck with about the same milage and am having the exact same problem. When I explained the problem to the mechanic, he informed me that I need to change spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I changed it all right after attempting the computer reset that you mentioned above. Nothing seems to be working. In fact it seems that it's gotten worse. Now that tac is going crazy earlier and more frequently.

-1
Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 AT 1:33 AM