CHEVY CYLINDER #2 MISFIRE

2001 Chevrolet S-10

Tsruoff

August, 11, 2010 AT 8:13 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

I had some severe shaking going on that actually caused the truck to stall. Got it running and replaced plugs wires cap and rotor. This helped but fuel economy is way down and shake is still there. It is worst at idle and acceleration, not too bad at driving speeds. I found out about a fuel injector recall that my truck was eligible for and the Chevy dealer I took it to said it was the fuel pump not the injectors and wanted $1500. I have a code reader and it is saying bank #2 system lean, and cylinder #2 missfire detected. Is this the fuel pump? The injectors? I've even heard the 02 sensor? The codes I'm getting are 174 and 302. I am not very mechanical but I am trying to learn this stuff t osave some $$$$$. Thanks.

August, 11, 2010 AT 8:28 PM

P0302 is a misfire at cylinder no.2 check the plug, compression and injector on it-

P0174 lean fuel condition: 1. Vacuum leaks
2. EGR and PCV valve.
3. Low fuel pressure.
4. Dirty fuel injectors.
5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.
6. Oxygen sensor