SPARK PLUG REMOVAL

Chevrolet

DaleHill

December, 31, 2006 AT 2:09 PM

I have never changed the spark plugs on s-10 blazer 6 cyclinder 2 wd. Should I expect any difficulty? Shoudl I use anti sieize on the new plugs?

Service Writer

December, 31, 2006 AT 5:41 PM

Use dielectric grease on the inside of the spark plug wires, Lightly coat the plugs with anti-seize, Double check for the correct application of the plugs.

There is one plug that is a mother on the driver's side. Bring your patient side with you on that one, The steering column is right in front of it.

Second I have had very good luck changing the plugs out by loosening the lugs on the two front wheels then jack the car up and put it on jack stands, then take one tire at a time off and you can gain access to the three plugs on that side through the inner fender well opening. Then do the same to the other side. It is much easier that doing it from above.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230