PUT ON NEW CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER

Chevrolet

kirb778

December, 15, 2006 AT 12:13 PM

I have a 85 chevy s-10 pickup have put a new clutch kit in it and now have put a new clutch master cylinder in it. When I went to bleed it from the bleeder at the slave cylinder it isn't getting any fluid down to it. Can you tell me what the problem is to why there isn't any fluid at all coming out?

backyardmechanic

December, 15, 2006 AT 1:13 PM

You will need to work the fluid down the line and into the slave cylinder. Make sure the master cylinder is full and pump the clutch pedal. If you still don't have fluid coming down then it Sounds like you have a clog (air trapped) in the line or the bleeder valve. You will need to work the fluid down the line and into the slave cylinder. Try and remove the bleeder valve completely and see if and fluid comes out then. If so then the valve needs to be cleaned. If there is no fluid coming out then the line is clogged. Be careful and wear the proper eye protection and make sure the fluid doesn't get on any painted surfaces.
Good luck BYM

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement