I LEFT MY TRUCK SITTING FOR 12 D

1997 Chevrolet

ncritchlow1

July, 11, 2010 AT 7:01 PM

1997 Other Chevrolet Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140056 miles

First, I love this site thank you! My c/k class 1500 Chevy truck got a new engine at 126,000 mile mark. I bought the truck through a private owner and for the last 4 years has been working great other then the engine. But I went on vacation for 12 days and about 5 days ago I came back and found a fresh puddle of deep red fluid which matched the transmission dip stick about a hand palm size big. My fluid level was o.K when I drove it home about 3 hours away and again the next day when my engine was running warm ( 210 on the gage) but, then the next day when cool the level appeared low.
With no leaks noticed, and no indicator lights what am I looking at? Thank you !

mhpautos

July, 12, 2010 AT 1:39 AM

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

Correct the oil level and wash down the trans as best you can, clean well around the pan as well, take car for a good drive and then inspect around the transmission for any fresh leaks, report here what you find.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service