ANTI-LOCK AND BRAKE (WARNING) LIGHT

Chevrolet Lumina

carlos1a

March, 1, 2007 AT 9:26 PM

Family members and I have a total of 3 Luminas - all over 100K miles. Mine is a 95 and the other two are 96's. The Nti-lock light is activated on all three of them. Has been for some time. I wanted to know if there is a known problem with these cars?

I just changed the intake manifold gasket on the 95 just last week (3.1 V-6 engine). My new problem appeared when I was finished with the engine work. The brake warning light came on when I started it after re-connecting the battery - after everything was back together. Seemed strange to me, I did not disconnect or unplug anthing relating to the brakes. There are no leaks, the fluid level is fine, the emergency brake is fine (Like I said, I did not touch anything at all relating to the brakes) There is only one connector and it's under the master cylinder and it's plugged in. The anti-lock light in on this one too, not sure why. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carlos

Richter

May, 29, 2007 AT 4:25 PM

Hello friend, I had the same problem a few months ago. I don't know why somethimes when you disconnect the battery this problem appear. But until this moment I have solved this problem scanning the engine and erasing the memory with the scanner. I know well that the memory would have to erase only disconnecting the batterry but apparently it doesn't erase at all. Prove my solution, I hope it works for you as well as it works for me. Ah, and please tell me about your progress.

nickN

June, 11, 2007 AT 5:20 PM

Could also be just the brake sensors on the actual brake caliper. The anti lock light is on on mine as well and I have a 98. I was told thats all thats wrong with mine, cuz I just replace all calipers rotors and pads on mine.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front