Anti-theft system

CHERBEAR9294
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA

How do you reset the theft system? Somehow the system was triggered and I can't start the car now. I tried turning switch on and letting it set for 15-20 minutes and this did not work.
Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 AT 1:11 PM

RENAUDTN
The official GM passlock relearn procedure is as follow:

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
2. Observe the SECURITY light, after approximately 10 minutes the light will turn OFF.
3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Turn key to START; sometime your car will start after only one relearn. If so, you're done. If not, repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times (for a total of 3 relearns). A that point, the vehicle will be ready to relearn the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to START.

Important
The vehicle learns the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Hope this help
+6
Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 AT 8:54 AM
JAMES C JR
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I have a 04 impala that has some kind of security problem I think.
Security light flashes starter will not turn over. I put a remote start button on it but must also disable fuel pump. Can anyone tell me what I should test or replace? Any advice will be appreciated.
+4
Sunday, January 27th, 2019 AT 8:25 AM (Merged)
SATURNTECH9
So is the security light flashing when it wont start?When the security systems prevents the car from starting the fuel injectors are disabled.
+1
JAMES C JR
Yes it does flash when it don't start sometimes if you leave the key in the on position for a couple of Min. It will stop flashing you can turn it off then back on and it will start. Other times
It don't mater what you it takes it a while be for it will start.
Any ideas?
+1
SATURNTECH9
Your going to have to have the codes read in the body control module computer. Thats are starting point a auto parts store cant read them because they dont have a advanced enough scan tool to do that. But lets try a auto parts store for now untill you have a chance to have the body control module scanned for codes.I need the exact code numbers not code descriptions.
JAMES C JR
I have a scan tool. Comes back no codes?
-1
CHRIS MCCONNAUGHEY
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I replaced my radiator did not unplug battery after replacement was done car had power, but would not start reset anti theft by turning ignition to Acc with radio off push button on radio for ten seconds menu came on went security off. Pressed button security light went away now car still will not start and now no security light either.
SATURNTECH9
What brand and model one?90 percent of the scan tools out there wont read body control module codes.
CHRIS MCCONNAUGHEY
My dad is with me he is the certified master tech.
-1
JAMES C JR
It is a actron cp9135. You might be right though it may not read body codes I'm not real sure
+1
You may have to do the reset a twice or three times electronics are funny if it still will not start you will need a pro scanner to see what the problem is. here is our dandy little link to help.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system
SATURNTECH9
No that one will only read engine codes and transmission codes that are generic obd2 codes. Actron doesnt make a scan tool that will read body control module codes. Get your body control module scanned for codes let me know the exact codes you have.
-1
DEANALM9
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I own a 2001 Chevy impala 6 cyl. I have a securtity message that will show sometimes when the doors are not locked and one tries to start the car and sometimes it randomly shows the securtiy message for no apparent reason. This results in one having to wait around 15 mins with the door locked and using the key to enter to start. The real question I have is can this anti theftlock/alarm system be disengaged or totally turned off?
+2
WRENCHTECH
Your car has 2 systems. A vehicle theft system and a contents theft system. The vehicle can be locked without arming the contents theft portion but you cannot bypass nor shut off the vehicle theft system.

Locking the vehicle may be accomplished without arming the CTD system. Use of the manual door locks or using the key to lock the doors will lock the vehicle but will not arm the CTD system.
FACTORYJACK
Have you tried to have it diagnosed, or is it an intermittent that is not setting any codes? Unless there is some aftermarket cure-all available for it, I know of no way to disable the system.
-1
WRENCHTECH
I can give you a way to bypass the ignition lock sensor if that turns out to be the problem but the rest of the system still has to operate correctly.
+3
MSMITH30
  • 2002 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My car has been cutting off while driving for 6 months
now. Its now doing this everyday for the past 3 weeks. When it cuts off I put it in park, turn it off, cut the radio and heat off. Then I press the unlock button located on my door, to reset the alarm. It will not cut back on unless I hit tat button. Then I start it up, it always starts right back up. This happens everyday now, what is going on. Do I need to deactivate my alarm?
RHALL77
Is it a factory alarm that came with the car or is it an after market alarm. If it is factory I would go and have the BCM (body control module) scanned. If it is aftermarket, I would remove it. Your local shop can tell you if it is factory or after market.
MZ_JAY2001
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I cannot start my vehicle because the security will not disable. What can I do to disable the security system and use my car
-1
DENNYP
30 Minute Learn Procedure
Tools Required
None

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock√ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
-1