2003 Chevy Impala Passlock fix

RADIO1456
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2003 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90.100 miles

I have 2003 chevy Impala had car for year now, and for second time the car wont start, I been reading lot on this problen last few hours. When it did it first time I got starter fixed, and today leaving for work wounldnt start, it hasnt started each time I tryed. Its flashing security. Is there some way to get this fixed, to end the problem.

This need to be recalled, before someone get hurt.

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 10:37 PM

SATURNTECH9
First thing you need to do is see what code's you have in your body control module then go from there. Most common thing to go wrong is the pas lock sensor's. It's not the easiest thing for a do it your selfer to fix. Because you need a advanced scan tool that can read body control module code's and live data from the body control module to see what the pass lock reading's are when the car isn't starting.
-1
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:02 PM
RADIO1456
Is there time line the car will start again or trick to get it to start, so I can get it to the repair shop? The car hasnt started at all when I tryed evey two hours, earlyer today.
-1
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:16 PM
SATURNTECH9
Give this a try to start it.
30 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

TOOLS REQUIRED
None

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password).

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 11:58 AM
RADIO1456
My car started late last night before, the steps you sent. Its seens to be starting ok for now.

My other question how long before passlock senser stops reading again? I be taking my car to the shop friday.

Also my alarm system doent look like its been working as well. I tryed some of the steps in the onwers manual and just learn that alarm system not working like it should. Does bad passlock senser have something to do with that?
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 3:21 PM
SATURNTECH9
There is no telling when the next time the car doesn't start that is going to be very random till you get it fixed. You hadn't mentioned your alarm problem's before if the alarm system is causing a false tamper then that could cause a no start and have nothing to do with a bad pass lock issue. You will just have to take it in to which is the case or you could have two problem's the pass lock issue and a alarm issue. Let me know what they find.
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 3:49 PM
RADIO1456
Yea I didnt see any problem with alarm system intell last night, I was reading the onwers manual, and it talked about locking doors. It said when you use power lock swith, before doors are cloesed the light on radio should be on entell you closed the doors and it will start slowing flashing when close the doors. When I lock the doors with power door swich, the light on the radio is still flashing and when I close the doors and there locked it still flashing, nonthing changes.

Is there any way to disaram the alarm system, so this problem will stop intell I get it to the shop?
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 4:26 PM
SATURNTECH9
Here's the problem the newer gm car's use a body control module to run the lock's key less entry alarm mileage light's etc if you shut that down you loose everything. So you need to just hope for the best untill you get it checked out.
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 9:05 PM