CHEVY IGNITION KEY

2010 Chevrolet HHR

jericamader

August, 26, 2010 AT 2:22 AM

Steering problem
2010 Chevy HHR 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 9000 miles

We just purchased our 2010 Chevy HHR LT this past friday. My husband came home tonight and the key will not turn to off position nor if u turn it forward it doesnt grind like we are trying to start when its already started. Yet it is still on we have tried everything we can think off it is in the park postion but cannot shut it off or remove the key. How do we fix this problem ourselves or do we have to take it to the dealership? Thank you look forward to a response.

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

brian 1

August, 26, 2010 AT 8:06 PM

There is a bulletin for an updated shifterer assembly. This vehicle is still under factory warrenty I would just take it to the dealer.

XtremeModifier

October, 21, 2010 AT 7:56 AM

Agreed on take it to the dealer, but it doesn't sound like the TSB, due to the year and VIN specific breakpoints.

2009 only and only a certain range of VIN#'s within that year.

gmtech

October, 30, 2010 AT 2:28 AM

I would definitely take it to the dealer. There should be an updated ignition cylinder available. I have seen several cobalts and hhrs recently with the same issue.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide