CHEVY BRAKE BLEEDING

1976 Chevrolet Corvette

navincarco

December, 31, 2009 AT 12:51 PM

Brakes problem
1976 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100045 miles

Can't get a good pedal bleeding the brakes on this 76. They are 4 wheel disc and I have replaced all components in the system.I can get a pedal after bleeding but an hour later it goes back to the floor, just like air is still in the systen.I'm a tech with 30 yrs in, but this one is making me cuss.A lot ! Is there any special bleed process?

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

Ernest Clark

January, 7, 2010 AT 8:58 AM

You may have air in the master cylinder. During the normal bleeding process, if you accidentally allowed the fluid in the master cylinder to dip to low, air could've been introduced into the system.

If you haven't already done so, disconnect the lines exiting the master cylinder, connect rubber hoses to the outlet ports and bend them up so they are submerged in the master cylinder. (Make sure it's full)

Have someone pump the brakes while you observe the fluid cycling through the hoses until there's no air bubbles present.

Then reconnect the brake lines and perform another bleeding procedure, starting with the left-rear, right-rear, left-front, then right-front.

If this doesn't solve your spongy pedal feel, then you probably have cracked/ruptured seals inside of the master cylinder, and it will require a rebuild.

Hope this helps.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear