CHEVY FUSE LOCATION

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

carter8607

April, 21, 2010 AT 10:18 AM

2007 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Automatic

where is the dianostic connecter terminal fuse located?

Wiring Issue?

bluelightnin6

April, 23, 2010 AT 11:01 PM

Not sure what you're talking about by code breaker terminal?

carter8607

April, 24, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

Im sorry I worded it wrong. Its called the dianostic connecter terminal. Its on the driver side bye the door under the steering wheel. Its where you can plug in a code breaker to get a code from the car to see why the engine light is on.

bluelightnin6

April, 24, 2010 AT 1:04 PM

No problem, that would be the data link connector (DLC) fuse which is a 15 Amp fuse located in the underhood fuse block (next to left strut tower). It may be labeled LTR as the cigar lighter is on the same circuit. An easy way to test this without finding fuse is if the cigar lighter works, then the fuse is fine.

carter8607

April, 24, 2010 AT 1:18 PM

Oooooooooooooo. Well in that case my cigar lighter isnt working and hasnt for somethime it is always blowing a fuse. Will change it though thanks a lot. Will the engine light come on if that fuse is blown?

bluelightnin6

April, 24, 2010 AT 1:43 PM

Yes the engine light would still come on if DLC fuse is blown, you just would not be able to connect diagnostic scanner and retrieve the trouble code(s) stored.

carter8607

April, 24, 2010 AT 2:12 PM

Thanks. Now I can check the code and see why the engine light is on. Thanks a bunch

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right