2005 CHEVY COBALT WASHER FLUID PUMP

• lacefield
  • 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

2005 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

windshield washer fluid pump not working is it on a seperate fuse than the wipers because owners manual doesnt show if it is, where is the pump located and how do I access it to replace it if needed. Thank you have a good day.

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 AT 7:32 PM

• James W.

The washer pump is not fused by itself. The pump is on the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir. To access it you need to pull the reservoir out. Before you replace the pump, make sure you have 12 volts at the pump connector with the button pushed. If not, it may be the switch, but this would be rare.

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 AT 9:09 PM
  • lacefield

Ok and thank you but it looks like there is no easy way to get the reservoir out it looks as if its in the fender do I go through the fender or underneath the vehicle plz help thank you

Thursday, December 18th, 2008 AT 1:42 PM
  • James W.

You will have to loosen the inner fender well to access the pump. It is mounted directly on the reservior.

Thursday, December 18th, 2008 AT 10:18 PM