1988 Chevy Celebrity Not running right

DIZZYLILHELLCAT
  • 1988 CHEVROLET CELEBRITY
I have an 88 celebrity, it sat for a little over a year before I got it and we changed all the plugs and wires and oil and gas in it. Well i've had it for about 2 years and for the last few weeks it hasn't been running right. When I go to work in the morning it's dakr so I use my headlights and it seems to put a strain on the car my blinker goes really slow and it has a problem accelorating. This morning it was really bad when the blinker would flash on it would stay on for about 5-7 seconds then flash off. When I went to leave work it would not start all it did was click. So I jumped it off and let it run for about 10 minutes and when I got in it to go the radio was acting funny and when I pushed the brake in everything almost died so I backed out made it about 5 feet, pushed the brakes to shift gears and it died so my car is sitting at work. Please help
Monday, August 25th, 2008 AT 12:31 PM

JAKE37
The alternator is bad or going bad, you should also make sure the wires or fuses to the alternator are in good shape, if the battery is a few years old you should have it load checked also, most places will check these for free while still in the car. I have also had bad or loose drive belts cause this problem also.
Thursday, November 27th, 2008 AT 4:32 PM