2001 CHEVY CAVALIER LIGHTING IN HVAC CONTROLS

• BillNarvaez
  • 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

2001 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150115 miles

Lights burned out in HVAC control. Is there any real easy way to change the lights with out pulling the instrument panel apart?

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 9:33 AM

• rhall77

No there isnt. I think you will have to replace the module. I dont think those bulbs are service able.

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 12:47 PM
  • BillNarvaez

GM instructs that you have to remove the dash panel. This requires to disconnect some stuff. Once this is done, you can unfasten the HVAC control and remove the bulb socket which they say twists off and then remove the bulbs. If you unfasten the center console and pull it back, you can see the sockets. It's real tight. I can touch them but thats about it. Was thinking of taking a piece of pcv pipe and heating the end and molding it to a slot. I figure I may be able to reach in and unscrew the light socket. Lighting is serviceable. I believe the lights are #194's I think they call them peanut bulbs.

Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 2:19 PM