SWITCHING FROM THROTTLE BODY INJECTED TO CARBURETED

Chevrolet Camaro

camaro1284

February, 20, 2007 AT 12:51 PM

1990 camaro rs with 156,000 miles 305 v8. The car is originally throttle body injected but I am switching it to carbureted. I bought a new holly carburetor, edelbrock intake manifold, and msd distributor is there any other parts I need for this project? This is my first time switching to carbureted, the cars ive had before were already carbureted. How do you switch over all the connectors on the distributor? What else has to be done for this to work?

Throttle Body

Throttle Body Connection

1 IMAGE

kin chan

February, 20, 2007 AT 12:59 PM

Hey man. Most part of the US going backward on ignition and engine managment is illegal. Cuz u are altering the manufacture emission devices. Under this public board website as an ase mechanic. It will be ur best interest to chk local inspection rules b4 we can answer u this hot rod question. Now don't get me wrong. We build some 600 horsepower 300ZX turbo. And we put some 350 chevy w/ carbs on a Z car. But I wanna advise u to make sure u are street legal 1st.

camaro1284

February, 20, 2007 AT 4:00 PM

Hey man the car is gunna be just a car that is hauled to the strip once in awhile. Im buildin the car for my lil bro to get him into racin so I dont wanna start him out in a REAL hot rod thats why im leavin the 305 in the car

thanks alot, Justin

gegee

February, 23, 2007 AT 3:33 PM

Why in the world would u want to go from TBI to carb? Might as well ask for a dinosaur. The TBI set up is better than the Q-jet you want!

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang