CHEVY MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR

2002 Chevrolet Camaro

glee2002

July, 21, 2009 AT 9:32 AM

2002 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

What is the best way to clean your Mass air flow sensor? What chemical or method is effective?

lout5369

July, 22, 2009 AT 10:40 AM

If it's in the throttlebody, use throttle body cleaner, if it's in the hose you can't clean it, it'll get damaged.

NastySS

July, 31, 2009 AT 9:29 AM

Hi, I have a Camaro and have cleaned my MAFS.

CRC makes a product called " Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner". You have to expose the front of the MAFS (Usually by removing the air inlet hose that attaches to it) and spray the screen and electronics in there. The product evaporates completely leaving no residue. This will help if you have any gunk in there.

lout5369

July, 31, 2009 AT 10:28 AM

Ok, didn't know they made that, did it help.

NastySS

August, 1, 2009 AT 7:47 AM

HI,

Yes it did absolutely help, but (I Think) you may have to have some sort of buildup or gunk on the electrionics part within the MAFS screen for the product to help. Obviously, if the screen is clogged with gunk, it will help in this scenario as well. The instructions on the can do say to use it everytime you change or clean your air filter. Hope I have helped !
Tom S.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma