CHEVY CYLINDER 1 MISFIRES

1999 Chevrolet Camaro

spetcher

December, 31, 2007 AT 3:24 PM

Engine problem
1999 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

I had a error code checked at the local auto parts store that indicated my 99 camaro was having a #1 cylinder misfire issue. I replaced the plug, checked the wires, but I'm still pulling the code.
I've disconnected the battery to reset the code but it is still appearing. Is this the proper way to reset the code and if so what is the next step here.

Thanks in advance for your time

Engine Miss

artmang

January, 2, 2008 AT 12:22 AM

If your car has a problem running like missfiring when driving etc and the scanner says number 1 cylinder missfire then you have to change 1 coil. Number 1 coil is the one on the back of the coil pack. It has a 1 and a 4 numbers printed on it u cant miss it. That coil servers 1 and 4 cylindr. Easy to remove and install.I will tell u this, those cars o tend to miss fire once in a while. But its normal and most of the time the check engine light will pop out and stay. After changing the coil if u dont want the chec engine light on just get a scanner and erase it. It wont erase by disconnecting the batt like the old cars.I also have a camaro and had that problem and I just went to a junkyard and got a coil from a buik skylark and the problem got fixed. If u dont wanna spent alot go to a juncyard and look for a coil from any ather gm car like buiks chevys etc doesnt have to be camaro to fit. Many other cars use the same coils. My check engine light is always on but dont mean theres a problem it just missfires once in a while, when I need to smogg it I just erase the code and smog it before it pops out again lol.