CHEVY TAILGATE LOCK

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

78corvette

August, 16, 2008 AT 11:33 AM

Interior problem
2001 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I can't get into my Blazer from the tailgate. I tried the hole on the inside and this didn't work. So where do I start to tear the tailgate apart? What needs to come off first up to the last piece. I am at my wits end. I called a local repair center and they said it would cost around $500. I don't have that kind of money. Please help me.

Debbie

merlin2021

August, 16, 2008 AT 6:15 PM

Do all other locks work? Can it be opened with the key? Canyou hear the actuator when the switch is operated?

78corvette

August, 17, 2008 AT 6:15 AM

No it will not open with the key. All the other locks work good. Yes I can hear the actuator.

merlin2021

August, 17, 2008 AT 6:40 AM

Then it seems that your problem is a control rod to the handle has popped off, Can you get at the interior trim panel and remove it? If you can you will be able to put it back on then open it. After it's open, you will find the clip that secures either the actuator, or the handle broke or bent, replace the bent or broken parts. From inside you might be able to use a small flat blade screwdriver to move the latch and open the liftgate.

78corvette

August, 17, 2008 AT 7:14 AM

I can get in the back but I don't know where to start to take it apart. That's what I really need to know. What pieces do I need to take off and where do I start?

merlin2021

August, 17, 2008 AT 7:45 AM

I have searched for diagrams and found none. Is there no way to use a screwdriver to more the latch from inside?

78corvette

August, 17, 2008 AT 11:09 AM

I tried the screwdriver approach and that didn't work.
Nothing happened. Is there a certain way to move it to activate the actuatior?

Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra