2000 Chevy Blazer PO753 Shift Solenoid Electrical A Error C

DTREML50
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 101000 miles

I have received this error code (P0753) on my 2000 Chevy Blazer. I can feel a lack of power and my "check engine soon" light is on.
I took it to a mechanic and described my problem and told them the most likely cause is a bad solenoid and that it may need to be replaced. They looked at it and told me that I actually needed a new ECM for my vehicle as they scoped the vehicle and they said the problem is in the ECM not the transimission. I wasn't going to pay $550 to get a new one so I purchased one online from a trusted seller. I receive the ECM and connected it. The same error code shows up, which leads me to think that it wasn't the ECM all along. What should I try now?

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 9:10 PM

RICHZOMBIE

The most basic fix for that code is to replace the solenoid on the vehicle. Please let us know if that doesn't work, but it should fix the problem. Good luck!

Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 AT 9:53 PM

Other Transmission Shift Solenoid Replace/Remove Questions