CHEVY LS

1999 Chevrolet Blazer

redbank1980

June, 8, 2007 AT 8:26 PM

I bought a used Blazer drove it for over 1hr on intersate and through town brakes worked fine. After a summer rain storm the brakes locked up when I touched them. The ABS light is on. I barely touched the brakes and the car continued to move and the brakes sounded like they were grinding. What do you think?

e40water12

June, 9, 2007 AT 6:38 PM

If you are able to change or place the brakes pops off front and back tires, and inspect the front brake pads and rotors, Then with te rear brake drums, They can be a real pita to remove to inspect, block the front wheels with brick or piece or wood, Then get a hammer piece of wood place the wood on the side of the rear brake drum then, stirke is hard, with the hammer hiting the wood, Then trying wiggling the drum off the car. Then inspect the brake drum for grooves and markings, Also see what kind of condition the rear brake shoes are in.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear