CHEVY MOTOR MOUNT REPLACEMENT

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

jiminin

April, 21, 2009 AT 9:08 AM

1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

Sir, could you provide me the best or proper procedure required to replace both motor mounts. I have a chilton manual but does not give a very detailed explaination of this repair

racefan966

April, 21, 2009 AT 10:43 AM

First off this is no easy task on that truck with the 4.3 ltr. You will need to remove the exhaust Y pipe and then be able to jack up the engine to support is and make as much room as you can to get your hands in there. If you need a more detailed list of what to do get back to me and I will get that for you.

jiminin

April, 23, 2009 AT 9:42 AM

A little more detail please

racefan966

April, 23, 2009 AT 10:49 AM

OK you will need to first disconnect the possitive battery cable. Then disconnect the exhaust pipes from the exhaust manifolds and where it connects at the cat or near. Then remove the front driveline between the transfer case and the front diff. Then remove the starter. Now you should have room to get to the through bolts of the engine mounts so get a jack with a 2x6 cut to put on it so you can protect the oil pan from damage. Now remove the through bolts and then unbolt the engin mounts from the frame and replace them. Now put everything back as you took it off. You will need the exhaust gasket there near the cat and manifold gaskets or donuts too. If you need any more help please just ask.

jiminin

April, 23, 2009 AT 11:35 AM

Thank you for taking the time to provide more detail, I appreciate it.
Jim

racefan966

April, 24, 2009 AT 10:34 AM

No problems if you need any more help or have any questions at all please just ask. Thanks Again.

Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes