CHEVY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHING

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

pmr1rose

March, 30, 2009 AT 12:37 PM

Computer problem
1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

what would cause my truck to misfire?

eugene123

March, 30, 2009 AT 1:33 PM

A misfire will happen for a few diffrent reasons one being that the truck is out of time, another would be no spark to the cylinder that is misfiring which would mean bad plugs or bad plug wires another would be the distributor cap being bad

pmr1rose

March, 30, 2009 AT 2:02 PM

Thanks. The engine light started flashing this morning when I started it and it ran really ruff. The engine has been rebulit and I just had the transmission rebulit. So your telling me that all of a sudden my plugs could go bad?Now the light just stays on.

Zackman

March, 31, 2009 AT 11:23 PM

Flashing check engine light means that your vehicle is running out of its safety parameter that may cause severe damage to the catalytic converter. In other words., If the vehicle is running severely rough, it may set the light to flash. Have the computer scanned for codes and post the code numbers here for proper diagnostic.

pmr1rose

April, 1, 2009 AT 1:08 AM

I took the truck back to transmission shop because they forgot to tighten the battery bracket and im thinking the cables also. They offered to check the computer code for me PU300 Eng. Misfire detected.
The light is no longer on and the truck runs great again so whats up with that?

Zackman

April, 2, 2009 AT 10:30 PM

I am not sure. They may have discovered an unplugged sensor, a ground or something. If the truck is running good now and no check engine [light on, I wouldn't worry about it. The next time it happens, though, get the code scanned again and let us know.